- 385.5K All Categories
- 4.9K Data
- 2.5K Big Data Appliance
- 2.4K Data Science
- 453.4K Databases
- 223.2K General Database Discussions
- 47 Multilingual Engine
- 606 MySQL Community Space
- 486 NoSQL Database
- 7.9K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 3.2K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 585 SQLcl
- 4K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 188K SQL & PL/SQL
- 21.5K SQL Developer
- 46 Data Integration
- 46 GoldenGate
- 298.4K Development
- 4 Application Development
- 20 Developer Projects
- 166 Programming Languages
- 295K Development Tools
- 150 DevOps
- 3.1K QA/Testing
- 646.7K Java
- 37 Java Learning Subscription
- 37.1K Database Connectivity
- 201 Java Community Process
- 108 Java 25
- 22.2K Java APIs
- 138.3K Java Development Tools
- 165.4K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 22 Java Essentials
- 176 Java 8 Questions
- 86K Java Programming
- 82 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.3K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 208 Java User Groups
- 667 LiveLabs
- 41 Workshops
- 10.3K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.6K JHeadstart
- 6K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 207 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.1K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 474 Portuguese
Is data replication from azure sql to on prem oracle possible through goldengate?
User_C7GXY Member Posts: 1 Red Ribbon
We are trying to migrate oracle db to azure sql and able to setup forward ogg replication through remote replicat(replicat configured in a remote server) .
However, we need to setup reverse replication for rollback scenario. Can an extract be setup in a remote server ? How will ot read the transaction logs from azure
Please let us know if there is an existing documentation.
I have the same question!
ORASCN Oracle GoldenGate Expertise, Oracle ACE Director, Speaker, Blogger Member Posts: 1,874 Bronze Crown
Please check the below link,
8.3.1 SQL Server Supported Versions
The following are the requirements to configure an Oracle GoldenGate for SQL Server instance:
- Oracle GoldenGate Extract supports SQL Server installed on Windows. SQL Server Enterprise Edition of versions 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019, and SQL Server Standard Editions of versions 2016 with Service Pack1 (or higher), 2017, and 2019 are supported.
- (Extract) For SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2017, Microsoft has identified and fixed several important issues that directly affect the SQL Server Change Data Capture feature. This situation impacts the ability for Oracle GoldenGate to correctly capture data. The current known issues that require Microsoft patches include KB3030352, KB3166120, and KB4073684. If you are using SQL Server 2014, 2016, or 2017 as a source database, Oracle highly recommends that you apply the latest Service Pack or Cumulative Update for your version of SQL Server.
- Oracle GoldenGate Delivery supports SQL Server installed on Windows. SQL Server Enterprise and Standard editions of versions 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019 are supported.
- Oracle GoldenGate supports remote capture and delivery for Azure SQL database managed instance and remote delivery for Azure SQL Database.
- Oracle GoldenGate supports remote capture and delivery for Amazon RDS for SQL Server.