• 3,781,549 Users
  • 2,254,529 Discussions
  • 7,879,752 Comments

Discussions

Common page in Apex

SC-2021
SC-2021 Member Posts: 29 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 22, 2021 3:25PM in APEX Discussions

Can anyone let me know is there any option to create a common page to use in some pages.

Here my requirement is a navigation menu is different in pages but the body should be same. For this I want to know the common page to use across. I know we can use the global page but I feel that is not sufficient to my requirement. please suggest.

Thanks.

Comments

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,336 Red Diamond

Please update your community profile with a recognisable username instead of "User_0Y1R6".

Here my requirement is a navigation menu is different in pages but the body should be same. For this I want to know the common page to use across. I know we can use the global page but I feel that is not sufficient to my requirement. please suggest.

Don't understand the requirement.

Exactly what is different across the pages and what should be the same?

In what way(s) is the global page insufficient to meet your perceived requirement?

Note the potential to use the Override User Interface Level page property:

Override User Interface Level

Specify whether the default User Interface level navigation is overwritten. This can be used to either have no navigation for the current page, or choose alternative navigation for the current page (for example to provide different navigation around a sub-section of your app).

• SC-2021

My requirement is to have a side navigation menu and top navigation menu but the body should be same if I select the menus and sub menus.

• fac586

My requirement is to have a side navigation menu and top navigation menu but the body should be same if I select the menus and sub menus.

No, still unclear.

Note that there is no support for simultaneously having both top and side navigation using the standard menu components.

What do you mean by "the body should be same if I select the menus and sub menus"?

APEX version? Theme? Theme style?

Suggest you describe some concrete examples and/or post a diagram with a visual representation of the requirement.

• SC-2021

Ok, Say for example, I have 4 pages and a home page, In home page I have mega menu and page 1 and page2 is having mega menu. But page 3 is having side menu and page 4 is top menu. Now I am in page 3 and when I click page 2 menu showing under page 3 side menu then navigation menu should still show side menu only. So how we achieve this. Hope you understand.

Thank you.

• fac586

I have 4 pages and a home page, In home page I have mega menu and page 1 and page2 is having mega menu. But page 3 is having side menu and page 4 is top menu. Now I am in page 3 and when I click page 2 menu showing under page 3 side menu then navigation menu should still show side menu only. So how we achieve this.

As far as I am aware you don't. The Override User Interface Level feature is the only supported way to modify navigation menu behaviour, and that is defined and applies at page level. There is therefore no way for page 2 to inherit menu layout and behaviour dependent on the settings applying to the last page accessed. The menu settings can only be inherited from the global user interface configuration, or from a local override defined on page 2.

Hope you understand.

Dimly. I have no idea (1) why such an inconsistent menu configuration would be applied to an application; or (2) why having done so, this should then be ignored and the settings from the previously accessed page carried over instead. Can you provide a cogent explanation for this?

• SC-2021

Thank you for your information.