• 7,879,750 Comments

Discussions

Strange dialog close box looks

Igor Kortchnoï
Igor Kortchnoï Member Posts: 298 Bronze Badge

Browser: Chrome and Edge

APEX: 19.2 and higher

Hi all

I don't remember when I have seen it for the first time - some weeks ago. Does not happen in Firefox.

When I open a modal dialog (page mode: Modal dialog, template: Modal dialog), the close box looks like this:

If I try to inspect it, it becomes like this:

When I close the inspection pane, the close box becomes again fishy.

If I click on the page edit button, pass into the editor (another tab) and then come back to the application tab, the dialog close box again looks OK. When I close and reopen the dialog, the fishy looking close box is there again.

In firefox, looks like this:

Any Idea how to fix it with CSS?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Igor Kortchnoï
    edited Nov 23, 2021 8:34AM Accepted Answer

Problem solved.

The strange look of the close box when opening a dialog is due to the fact that at the opening, it takes focus, and the ugly-looking outline simply reflects this fact.

So, the solution is to set the focus somewhere else at the opening of the dialog.

Another hint: The problem comes when opening a dialog with apex.navigation.dialog. Dialogs opened with the link attribute of a column don't behave like that.

Answers

• Igor Kortchnoï
    edited Nov 23, 2021 8:34AM Accepted Answer

Problem solved.

The strange look of the close box when opening a dialog is due to the fact that at the opening, it takes focus, and the ugly-looking outline simply reflects this fact.

So, the solution is to set the focus somewhere else at the opening of the dialog.

Another hint: The problem comes when opening a dialog with apex.navigation.dialog. Dialogs opened with the link attribute of a column don't behave like that.