Forum Stats

• 3,838,727 Users
  • 2,262,395 Discussions
  • 7,900,741 Comments

Discussions

How to pass a value depending on what the user has clicked?

JohnMorris78
JohnMorris78 Member Posts: 10 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I have a report which is queried by 2 parameters (WHAT_TYPE & WHAT_VALUE). Once the report has run the user can click on a value in one column (CURRICULUM_NAME) for a more detailed breakdown. This will then bring them to a new page with a report ran based on the values passed from the previous. I can pass the 2 parameters through using computations, but I'm struggling to pass through the value that the user has clicked on. In the example below, I need the Curriculum to be AI AT ASI Divisional

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,987 Gold Crown
    Answer ✓

but I'm struggling to pass through the value that the user has clicked on

Create that column as a column of type Link. In the the link builder you can then use the column value to set an item on the target page.

JohnMorris78

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,101 Red Diamond

I have a report which is queried by 2 parameters (WHAT_TYPE & WHAT_VALUE). Once the report has run the user can click on a value in one column (CURRICULUM_NAME) for a more detailed breakdown.

Is CURRICULUM_NAME associated with a primary key value? Is that key value returned by the report query?

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,987 Gold Crown
    Answer ✓

but I'm struggling to pass through the value that the user has clicked on

Create that column as a column of type Link. In the the link builder you can then use the column value to set an item on the target page.

JohnMorris78