• 2,254,929 Discussions
  • 7,880,792 Comments

Discussions

RegExpression Not Working in <af:validateRegExp>

User_EP58N
User_EP58N Member Posts: 6 Blue Ribbon
edited Dec 1, 2021 12:03PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi,

I am using Jdeveloper 12.2.1.4.0 and my requirement is to have only numbers and characters in one input text attribute of .jsff page with no spaces and no special characters for which i have used the below pattern

<af:column sortProperty="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.name}"

filterable="true" sortable="true"

headerText="Vehicle Registration No" id="c3">

<af:inputText value="#{row.bindings.VehicleRegNo1.inputValue}" autoSubmit="true"

label="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.label}"

required="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.mandatory}"

columns="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.displayWidth}"

maximumLength="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.precision}"

shortDesc="#{bindings.VehicleRegistrationUpdateLinesVO1.hints.VehicleRegNo1.tooltip}"

id="it38">

<f:validator binding="#{row.bindings.VehicleRegNo1.validator}"/>

<af:validateRegExp pattern="^[A-Za-z0-9]$" messageDetailNoMatch="Registration Number must have only Numbers and characters"/>

</af:inputText>

</af:column>

Can someone help me with the correct pattern.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,807 Red Diamond
    Accepted Answer

It would help if you could tell us what the problem is you see with your regular expression.

From what I see your expression only allows one character or number. To allow multiple characters and numbers use

[A-Za-z0-9]*

the '*' means that the token before the '*' matches zero to unlimited times.

Timo

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,328 Gold Crown
    Accepted Answer

Use reg expr ^[A-Za-z0-9]*$

Answers