• 2,254,929 Discussions
  • 7,880,793 Comments

Discussions

Apex Logging of Pages/Data Viewed

Hoppy
Hoppy Member Posts: 20 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

Oracle 12c, Apex 20.1.0.00.13

I am wondering if anyone has done anything similar? We are looking at logging everything a user sees on several of our APEX apps. Its a legislative requirement for us to be able to say what a user has seen.

So far me and my colleagues have thought of the following

-Using apex views to store item values and re-run the report regions on the page. (Performance is already a problem for us for some of the apps - too much data too many filters). We strongly want to avoid this option.

-Using triggers? I thought this was an option but it seems triggers only accept INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE.

-Altering the APEX Packages to store the results of the request (It's been a few years since i've seen how its put together) - This is a problem for multiple reasons obviously but I dont know if we have another option.

We are not on ORDS yet but will that make any difference to what we are trying to do?

Any help please?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,367 Red Diamond
    Accepted Answer

We are looking at logging everything a user sees on several of our APEX apps. Its a legislative requirement for us to be able to say what a user has seen. 

In which jurisdiction and under what legislation does this requirement exist?

-Using apex views to store item values and re-run the report regions on the page. (Performance is already a problem for us for some of the apps - too much data too many filters). We strongly want to avoid this option.

-Using triggers? I thought this was an option but it seems triggers only accept INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE. 

-Altering the APEX Packages to store the results of the request (It's been a few years since i've seen how its put together) - This is a problem for multiple reasons obviously but I dont know if we have another option. 

We are not on ORDS yet but will that make any difference to what we are trying to do?

None of the above. Fine-grained auditing + flashback query:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,367 Red Diamond
    Accepted Answer

We are looking at logging everything a user sees on several of our APEX apps. Its a legislative requirement for us to be able to say what a user has seen. 

• Hoppy
    Hoppy Member Posts: 20 Blue Ribbon

New Zealand Law - I'm not sure how much I can disclose.

Thank you - That would seem to be a fantastic option. Will talk to the DBAs.