Forum Stats

• 3,783,015 Users
  • 2,254,720 Discussions
  • 7,880,246 Comments

Discussions

When I use expdp / impdp, a problem occurs. How can I solve it!

HI ,all.

When I use expdp / impdp the data, a problem occurs. How can I solve it!  This problem is reported as an error.

ORA-31693: Table data object "user"."Table":"PART_2020" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:

ORA-02354: error in exporting/importing data

ORA-24329: invalid character set identifier

The character sets of the target database 11g and the source databae 11g are consisten。

$LANG and $NLS_LANG amount to the same thing。

When I found this problem, I reinstalled the target database, but the problem remains.

Help me! thanks everyone.

Answers

• Solomon Yakobson
    Solomon Yakobson Member Posts: 19,018 Red Diamond

character sets of the target database 11g and the source databae 11g are consisten

What do you mean by "consistent"? Provide source & target database NLS_CHARACTERSET values. Also, any chance table PART_2020 has NCHAR/NVARCHAR2/NCLOB columns? If so, what are source & target database NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET values?

SY.

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,615 Gold Crown

When I found this problem, I reinstalled the target database, but the problem remains.

That's like replacing the engine in your car without doing any diagnostics, just becuase it failed to start one morning.

What did you discover when you googled the error messages? What diagnostics did you perform? When you decided to re-install, what did you do differently from the first, to at least have a reason to believe you'd get a different result?