- 385K All Categories
- 2.6K Data
- 593 Big Data Appliance
- 2K Data Science
- 452.1K Databases
- 222.4K General Database Discussions
- 32 Multilingual Engine
- 575 MySQL Community Space
- 479 NoSQL Database
- 7.9K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 3.1K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 575 SQLcl
- 4K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 187.7K SQL & PL/SQL
- 21.5K SQL Developer
- 12 Data Integration
- 12 GoldenGate
- 297.7K Development
- 3 Application Development
- 18 Developer Projects
- 140 Programming Languages
- 294.3K Development Tools
- 118 DevOps
- 3.1K QA/Testing
- 646.4K Java
- 30 Java Learning Subscription
- 37K Database Connectivity
- 185 Java Community Process
- 107 Java 25
- 22.2K Java APIs
- 138.3K Java Development Tools
- 165.3K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 21 Java Essentials
- 172 Java 8 Questions
- 86K Java Programming
- 82 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.3K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 206 Java User Groups
- 583 LiveLabs
- 41 Workshops
- 10.2K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.6K JHeadstart
- 5.7K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 191 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.1K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 240 Portuguese
Apex 21.2 BUG: apex_web_service.make_request HTTPS end-of-input reached only on first call
We are using the APEX 21.2 API APEX_WEB_SERVICE.make_request to call a webservice in HTTPS: but running it the first time, after 70 seconds Oracle returns an error of end-of-input reached.
After this error, calling the same procedure we get the correct response from webservice immediately, every subsequent time.
If we don't run the procedure on the machine for 40 mins more or less, the same error comes up again, even though after the procedure apex_web_service.make_request we call APEX_CUSTOM_AUTH.LOGOUT
No matter the certificate we are using, we tried both with a correct and an expired certificate. The behaviour is the same as described.
- Using another tool like Postman to make the same POST call: we have the correct reply from webservice every time.
- Calling the same webservice in Httpd with apex_web_service.make_request, it works correctly evert time.
- Using another machine with Apex 20.2 installed, the procedure apex_web_service.make_request works correctly every time, even if the first time takes 50 seconds to get the response (using HTTPS).
Looks like the problem exists in apex 21.2.
Oracle side - error stack:
ORA-29273: HTTP request failed ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEB_SERVICES", line 1663 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEB_SERVICES", line 782 ORA-29259: end-of-input reached ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 380 ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1148 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEB_SERVICES", line 756 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEB_SERVICES", line 1546 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEB_SERVICES", line 1685 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEBSERVICES_API", line 396 ORA-06512: at "APEX_210200.WWV_FLOW_WEBSERVICES_API", line 441
Server side conditions:
Apache httpd 2.2.15 running on Linux Redhat 6.5
Behind this there is a proxy then the application frontend with Tomcat
We are using TLS 1.2, opened to all SSL versions.
Server side error trace:
... [Mon Dec 06 15:36:58 2021] [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1884): OpenSSL: Loop: SSLv3 write server done A [Mon Dec 06 15:36:58 2021] [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1884): OpenSSL: Loop: SSLv3 flush data [Mon Dec 06 15:37:58 2021] [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1941): OpenSSL: I/O error, 5 bytes expected to read on BIO#7f39f65f0400 [mem: 7f39f6b01063] [Mon Dec 06 15:37:58 2021] [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1913): OpenSSL: Exit: error in SSLv3 read client certificate A
Any help will be appreciated.