Forum Stats

• 3,827,861 Users
  • 2,260,833 Discussions
  • 7,897,399 Comments

Discussions

How to add a watermark to a pdf file in Oracle Apex ?

User_F875W
User_F875W Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi

i know there is already a thread regarding this topic , but thought it would be a good idea to raise the topic again in a new thread .

so i tried installing Plpdf which is a third party package that you can install on apex database then , its functions can be utilized to add watermarks to pdf files .

i used the below function

PLPDF_TOOLKIT.TextWaterMark to add the watermark to a pdf when being downloaded and it works fine , but when trying to add a watermark to a pdf file that has images in it , the watermark appears behind those images which defeats the purpose of the watermark "at least for me"

in my case , i need the watermark to be fully visible and written clearly on the top of each page of the pdf file , even if the pdf file has images , the watermark should still print on top of that image .

i contacted plpdf support and i got a reply saying that this behavior is normal and expected , and my requirement is regarded very "specific".

im not a watermark expert , but my understanding of a watermark is that its a text that will always visible and ofcourse be printed on top of images on a pdf.

so was hoping if anyone managed to add watermarks to pdf files in oracle ? anyone used plpdf before ? and did you face this same problem with images ?

any other third party tools do you recommend using with Oracle apex ?

Thanks and Regards

Tagged:

Answers