• 2,262,565 Discussions
  • 7,901,148 Comments

Discussions

ORA-00942 on MDSYS.SDO_GCDR

Roland Nyffenegger
Roland Nyffenegger Member Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

Hi

i installed Spatial on a Oracle RDBMS 19.0.0.0.0

In the Spatial-Studio 21.3.0 everythin is working fine. I get my Long./Lat. on given adresses.

As i want to do this in PLSQL/SQL, i tried this simple query (user TOSCA is DBA and have all roles and rights needed):

SELECT SDO_GCDR.GEOCODE_ALL('TOSCA',

SDO_KEYWORDARRAY('Clay St', 'San Francisco, CA'),

'US', 'DEFAULT') FROM DUAL

==> and i get:

[Error] Execution (241: 8): ORA-29532: Java-Aufruf durch nicht abgefangene Java-Ausnahme beendet: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: Tabelle oder View nicht vorhanden

ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.SDO_GCDR", Zeile 696

ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.SDO_GCDR", Zeile 707

ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.SDO_GCDR", Zeile 832

ORA-06512: in Zeile 1

Anybody knows, whats wrong here?

Thanks for help and happy new year

Roland

Best Answers

• Hviehman-Oracle
    Hviehman-Oracle Member Posts: 8 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Roland, to use the Geocoder (SDO_GCDR) in the database, you need to have the necessary reference data in the appropriate data structures. Data providers such as HERE and TomTom offer this kind of data in an Oracle format for most countries worldwide. These data sets work out-of-the box for geocoding, but also for map visualization and routing.

Geocoding in Spatial Studio, or APEX, for that matter, works differently in that it relies on the Oracle Maps Cloud Service. In that case, you don't need to store any reference data locally.

• Roland Nyffenegger
    Answer ✓

Thank you for information.

So the concept seems to be clear for me now.

Best regards

Roland

Answers

• Hviehman-Oracle
    Hviehman-Oracle Member Posts: 8 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Roland, to use the Geocoder (SDO_GCDR) in the database, you need to have the necessary reference data in the appropriate data structures. Data providers such as HERE and TomTom offer this kind of data in an Oracle format for most countries worldwide. These data sets work out-of-the box for geocoding, but also for map visualization and routing.

Geocoding in Spatial Studio, or APEX, for that matter, works differently in that it relies on the Oracle Maps Cloud Service. In that case, you don't need to store any reference data locally.

• Roland Nyffenegger
    Answer ✓

Thank you for information.

So the concept seems to be clear for me now.

Best regards

Roland