• 3,827,551 Users
  • 2,260,791 Discussions
  • 7,897,297 Comments

Discussions

APEX schema problem

user4049807
user4049807 Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

Hi,

I'm new in APEX and I got a problem with my schema. I have an existing database with lots of data, lots of table. These tables owned by one schema. When I try to create an application using that schema and I select an existing table, I get the following error message:

"Ajax call returned server error ORA-20987: APEX - Invalid schema name - Contact your application administrator. for Execute Server-Side Code."

Is there any settings (grants, privilege, etc.) for a schema that makes it to not working? What should I do? Is there any solution to fix this schema or is it possible for another schema to use this schema's tables for creating APEX applications?

Thanks for the answeres!

Andrew

Tagged:

Comments

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,980 Red Diamond

What is the problematic schema name?

• user4049807
    user4049807 Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

The schema name is: WORK

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,980 Red Diamond

The schema name is: WORK

WORK is an Oracle keyword and therefore a poor choice of identifier that is likely to cause problems.

What is being entered as the table name in the page wizard? All that is visible in the screenshot is T. proba, which appears to have nothing to do with the WORK schema and isn't a valid identifier.

Please do not attempt to describe problems using screenshots—especially cropped, context-free ones. These are not accessible to visually impaired members of the community, cannot be indexed by search engines, or copied/pasted to reproduce the problem. If you must post screenshots (primarily to demonstrate layout and presentation problems that cannot be reproduced on apex.oracle.com), post the entire window to preserve context.