Forum Stats

• 3,874,684 Users
  • 2,266,766 Discussions
  • 7,911,944 Comments

Discussions

Certified Professional: Java SE 17 Developer 1Z0-829: Multiple Questions Not Answered By Support

I have 5 problems/questions regarding the Java SE 17 Developer 1Z0-829 exam which I think are quite valid and reasonable. I have asked support about 4 of them but have not heard back after over 3 business days, and the 5th one just occurred to me:

1. Has anyone here managed to sit for the Oracle Certified Professional: Java SE 17 Developer 1Z0-829 exam? I want to sit for it, but it is listed as 'coming soon'. However, I can click on it and see it listed with a price in my shopping cart. Is it actually available? I'm very confused and concerned about paying for something that is not immediately available.
  2. I would like to take the exam from home because I am worried about getting infected by COVID. In the exam details, in my shopping cart, the details say "Delivery Mode: SPO". Does SPO mean that I can take the exam from home through online proctoring?
  3. If I take the exam from home and pass, will my certificate for the 1Z0-829 exam be the same as the one that I get if I take it at a Pearson Test center?
  4. The voucher is valid for 6 months, but if I pass, will I have to keep renewing my 1Z0-829 certification? I heard that the 1Z0-829 exam certification is for life, but I cannot find any official sources confirming this.

Additional question:

5. Do I need to take any other exam before sitting for it? I haven't seen any requirement that I need to do so, but it never hurts to be certain.

Answers