Forum Stats

• 3,826,361 Users
  • 2,260,636 Discussions
  • 7,896,916 Comments

Discussions

OCP Java SE 17 Developer Exam (1Z0-829): Availability, Remote Proctoring, Validity, Prerequisites?

Sorry for asking this question here, but I'm really not sure where else to ask it. I have already asked Oracle support, but have gotten no reply after over 3 business days.

I have several problems/questions about the Java SE17 Developer Exam (1Z0-829):

1. Has anyone managed to sit for the Oracle Certified Professional: Java SE 17 Developer 1Z0-829 exam? I want to sit for it, but it is listed as 'coming soon'. However, I can click on it and see it listed with a price in my shopping cart. Is it actually available? I'm very confused and concerned about paying for something that is not immediately available.
  2. I would like to take the exam from home because I am worried about getting infected by COVID. In the exam details, in my shopping cart, the details say "Delivery Mode: SPO". Does SPO mean that I can take the exam from home through online proctoring?
  3. If I take the exam from home and pass, will my certificate for the 1Z0-829 exam be the same as the one that I get if I take it at a Pearson Test center?
  4. The voucher is valid for 6 months, but if I pass, will I have to keep renewing my 1Z0-829 certification? I heard that the 1Z0-829 exam certification is valid for life, but I cannot find any official sources confirming this.
  5. Bonus question: Do I need to take any other exam before sitting for it? I haven't seen any requirement that I need to do so, but it never hurts to be certain.

Apologies again for asking here if my action was not appropriate/correct, and any suggestion about the right place to get some help with my issues (other than Oracle support) would be much appreciated. :)

Answers

• User_7IKP7
    User_7IKP7 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

I have raised this question via a service request ticket with Oracle, on March 21, 2022 and got the following response:

"""

Hi Radu,

Thank you for contacting Oracle Certification Team.

Please note, that the exam Java SE 17 Developer

Exam Number: 1Z0-829 will be releasing soon. The same will be updated in our website. Please check our website regularly for more updates on this.

https://education.oracle.com/java-se-17-developer/pexam_1Z0-829

Thanks

OCP Team

"""

I have also already purchased a voucher, believing that I'd be able to sit the exam. So am hoping that the exam will be available sometime before the voucher expires...