• 3,827,993 Users
  • 2,260,846 Discussions
  • 7,897,427 Comments

Discussions

Unable to connect to 19c DB through Sql developer

gg
gg Member Posts: 150 Bronze Badge

Hi Everyone,

I installed Oracle 19c Database after installing another one and I am able to connect through command line to db through sql plus.

However i am not able to connect through Sql developer tool. I am getting the error:

Status : Failure -Test failed: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection (CONNECTION_ID=z/Q7O7w8TReTjDflkD0i5A==)

I saw the listener has not started yet. So after the checking the listener status i got the error message.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=GSPC)(PORT=1521)))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00511: No listener

64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-00511: No listener

64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory

After trying to start the listener, i am getting the error

Failed to start listener service, error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error

I am unable to start the service via Windows services as well.

Could some one please help to resolve this connection issue.

Thanks

Gautam

Tagged:

Answers

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,778 Gold Crown

Your question is off-topic for this forum, as it has nothing to do with SQL or PL/SQL. And while your error appears in SQL Dev (which has it's own forum), it appears that SQL Dev is incidental. Better asked in the general database forum.

If I were sitting at your desk to debug this, I'd first want to see your successful connection with sqlplus, just to confirm exactly where the database is in relation to the client, and exactly what method you are using to connect with sqlplus.

Next I'd want to see your connection properties in SQL Dev, and confirm you really are pointing to the same database.

Next, I'd check the listener on the database server. Since you seem to have difficulty starting the listener, I'd want to see the listener.ora file.

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,580 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 2, 2022 11:55PM

Are two database services running, or one? Seems like installing the second database on top of the first did not get installed properly. What is the output of

lsnrctl status