Forum Stats

• 3,840,388 Users
  • 2,262,598 Discussions
  • 7,901,258 Comments

Discussions

Schema Browser

jflack
jflack Member Posts: 1,520 Bronze Trophy

I like to use Schema Browser because my own doesn't contain any objects, and the tables, procedures... that I want to see belong to other schemas. Easier than navigating down to Other Users in the connection tree. I'll often use the Schema filter to narrow it down even further.

But it doesn't seem to save my filter condition for use the next time I start up SQL Developer. Is there a way to make it save the filter between sessions? Or should this be an enhancement request?

Answers

• Philipp Salvisberg
    Philipp Salvisberg Member Posts: 181 Silver Badge

I tried it. It seems to work by default

I set a filter on a tables in the schema browser. Closed SQLDev. Restarted SQLDev. Opened the same connection. Opened schema browser. And voilà, the filter was still active.

So I guess you have to leave SQLDev properly to save the preferences.

• jflack
    jflack Member Posts: 1,520 Bronze Trophy

I'm using SQL Developer 21.4.2, and it doesn't save my filter of schemas showing in the Schema Browser. It DOES save my filter of schemas in the "Other Users" branch of Connections.

@Philipp Salvisberg what version are you using? Also, could there be a preference that you have set differently than me?

• Philipp Salvisberg
    Philipp Salvisberg Member Posts: 181 Silver Badge

I'm using 21.4.2 with JDK 11 on macOS mit an M1 MAX chip.

There are preferences. Database -> Navigation Filter. As far as I understand they just enable/disable the filtering on chosen object types. But that should not be related to saving the last filters.

So, I have no idea why it's working on my side but not on yours. Sorry.