Forum Stats

• 3,836,746 Users
  • 2,262,177 Discussions
  • 7,900,092 Comments

Discussions

Strategy to support schemas in oracle 12c2

I am currently working with Oracle 12c R2, I need to generate a strategy to obtain backups for the schemas but I can't find a way to perform an incremental, I understand that RMAN does it but it is for the entire instance or that is what I understand, do you know? any strategy to only fallback to oracle schema?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,851 Silver Crown
    Answer ✓

RMAN can perform full database or tablespace backups, so you may consider using a separate tablespace for each schema and then do tablespace level backups....

But you need to understand that a database is a unit, if you need to restore or recover it from a total loss, you cannot pick only some tablespaces, you need to restore / recover the entire database, so you must be sure that your tablespace backup strategy allows a complete restore or recovery.

Ariagna Bandala salazar

Answers

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,851 Silver Crown
    Answer ✓

RMAN can perform full database or tablespace backups, so you may consider using a separate tablespace for each schema and then do tablespace level backups....

But you need to understand that a database is a unit, if you need to restore or recover it from a total loss, you cannot pick only some tablespaces, you need to restore / recover the entire database, so you must be sure that your tablespace backup strategy allows a complete restore or recovery.

Ariagna Bandala salazar
  • EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,778 Gold Crown

I am currently working with Oracle 12c R2

And please note that 12cR2 essentially out of support now, with only limited error correction, and goes totally out of support at the end of next month ..

Ariagna Bandala salazar