Forum Stats

• 3,838,503 Users
  • 2,262,377 Discussions
  • 7,900,674 Comments

Discussions

Need to upgrade 12C to 19C (Rac active-active stretch cluster)

sany
sany Member Posts: 60 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 18, 2022 8:58AM in Database Upgrade

Dear all,

We have side A and Side B Active-Active cluster with Dataguard now i want to upgrade it from 12c to 19c .

Can we upgrade directly sideA and then SideB (i believe not possible but still suggestion required) ?

looking for better idea please help me out on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Hello

To upgrade a Dataguard environment , we need to first update the standby and then the primary database.

Please follow the steps given below and follow the same , it is for 12c to 19c version upgrade for Grid including database

Kindly check and revert in case of any issues.

Thanks

Masiuddin Ahmed

• sany
    sany Member Posts: 60 Blue Ribbon

its side A and Side B Active-Active cluster with 12Rc1 i am looking for upgradation document which is not available

The Oracle instances are setup in a two node RAC (real application cluster) configuration as a stretched cluster to provide a highly available and scalable database solution. RAC uses a single client access name (SCAN) to access any database that is running in the cluster. Connection information for the client does not need to change if you add or remove nodes or databases in the cluster.

The SCAN address is configured using DNS with 3 IP addresses using Round Robin algorithm to return the response.

Should a node in the database fail, it is automatically removed from the cluster and no configuration is necessary on the client side.