Forum Stats

• 3,874,115 Users
  • 2,266,686 Discussions
  • 7,911,730 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Data Modeler - MacOS - No Preferences?

User_MN0HX
User_MN0HX Member Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon

I downloaded the latest version of ODM (21.4.1) on Monterey (Java 11.10.11) and ODM Starts ok but there is no sign of the preferences box. SQL Developer runs ok though?

I want to be able to set up JDBC Drivers but it appears there nothing appears either under the App Menu nor the Tools menu (like in Windows/Linux).

It is an M1 but I havent had issues with other Java stuff...

Tagged:

Answers

• Philipp Salvisberg
    Philipp Salvisberg Member Posts: 181 Silver Badge

You're right. When I use a JDK 11 I see the following menu (without preferences):

However, when I configure a JDK8 the menu looks like this (with preferences):

JDK8 would be a good workaround. However, it's basically unusable with SQLDev and SDDM since it crashes all the time on a M1 machine.

Looks like a bug. @thatJeffSmith-Oracle : Do you know a workaround?

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,878 Employee

There's a modeler forum, I would ask there. The modeler developers can reply as they monitor that space.

• User_MN0HX
    User_MN0HX Member Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 3, 2022 8:17PM

Hey Jeff been following you for years ... so just to say thanks overall - you're a class act my friend.

Interesting thing is that SQLDev does work, but not SDDM. SQLDev imports models I created on windows or ubuntu though.

Will try the forums.. It says supports 11.0.10 ... but not 11.0.11 .. thats a 0.0001% difference lol