• 2,260,440 Discussions
  • 7,896,347 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Forms 12c Webutil not working with WebStart

Steven.S
Steven.S Member Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 23, 2022 11:49AM in Forms

Hi All,

I have installed Oracle WebLogic Server 12.2.1.4.0 and Oracle Forms Reports Deployment 12.2.1.4.0 on Windows Server 2019.

I run the forms using JNLP file (Webstart = Enabled) as I cannot get forms to run in a browser.

I followed the steps in (How to Configure Webutil in Forms 12c (Doc ID 2070183.1))

After running the form 'webutil_demo' I get errors. eg.

oracle.forms.webutil.clientinfo.GetClientInfo bean not found. WEBUTIL_CLIENTINFO.GET_SYSTEM_PROPERTY will not work.

Every tab I open has an error and every button as well, all having bean not found.

Does anyone have some advise and pointers on this, as I must be missing something?

Many thanks,

Steven

Tagged:

Comments

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,194 Employee

If you are trying to run a WebUtil enabled form you must include the configuration settings needed to support it. The installation provides several pre-populated example configurations (in Web Configuration / formsweb.cfg) that you can either use directly or copy to create your own.

Example: https://<server>:<port>/forms/frmservlet?form=mywebutilform&config=webutil_webstart

Also, if adding WebUtil you may need to include the third party library "JACOB". The Java jar included with this library must be signed with a trusted certificate. If running with Java Web Start, note that unlike other configurations, JWS add-on jars are referenced in "extensions.jnlp" and should not be added to the "ARCHIVE" parameter in the Web Configuration.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Steven.S
    Steven.S Member Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon

Thanks Michael for the quick reply, and pointing me in the right direction.

I created a new Web Configuration section as below and it works fine now.

[My_Webutil]

width=1600

height=900

envFile=My_Environment.env

form=C:\Runtime12c\forms\Login.fmx

WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar

WebUtilLogging=off

WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal

WebUtilErrorMode=Alert

WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5

WebUtilTrustInternal=true

WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384