Forum Stats

• 3,840,137 Users
  • 2,262,571 Discussions
  • 7,901,155 Comments

Discussions

Peek not working on synonym

Peek is working great on a public synonym for me, but not on a synonym in the current schema.

Hover also doesn't seem to recognize the schema name, even if it is provided.

Autocomplete and DESCRIBE seem to be working fine on these. Thank you for adding this!

Best Answer

Answers

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,169 Employee
    edited Mar 21, 2022 3:38PM

What kind of synonym is this (table, view, proc, etc)?

Before you first attempt to do anything with the synonym, can you please try entering:

select * from yoursynonym.

(include the period after the synonym name).

This might trigger autocomplete for the synonym.

After you do that, see if peek or hover works.

• User_CF2IC
    User_CF2IC Member Posts: 10 Green Ribbon

It's for a table.

Autocomplete works fine. It sees the synonym as I type, and it works for the column names as well.

The autocomplete also worked after select * from yoursynonym.

Autocomplete for columns does not work with a table alias here, though it does work fine in another database using a public synonym.

Peek did not work in either SELECT statement shown below.

At first hover was not working, and then I figured out that it started working after I added a semicolon to the first SELECT. DESCRIBE mysynonym also works.

Another difference here is that the table schema (OBJECT_OWNER in the synonym) is a different schema. Schema A is my login and Default schema in VS Code, and Schema B is the table schema.

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,169 Employee
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the report. It seems that our support for synonyms is incomplete/buggy in this release. Sorry about that. We plan to fix it in the next release.