Forum Stats

• 3,827,255 Users
  • 2,260,751 Discussions
  • 7,897,192 Comments

Discussions

Building a booking ticket application

User_O7J5C
User_O7J5C Member Posts: 7 Green Ribbon

Hello, I am building a ticket booking application. I want users to have a form where they can input the destination, and when they submit the form, the app will show all available tickets (.... WHERE destinations = "dummy "). Also, is there a way to show ticket information in the report with a button next to it that when clicked, the information of the ticket will get updated (status = "bought") ? I hope that you can help me with these questions. Thanks 

Best Answer

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,884 Gold Crown
    Answer ✓

Okay, strange that you get an assignment for an APEX app without giving some training first. I guess they want to see what you did to teach yourself, e.g. via internet free training resources.

I don't think you are starting with the earliest task: a two way cascading LOV. Start with a "normal" situation: select start location and then destination, based on the selected start location. This is called a Cascading LOV and standard functionality in APEX.

Answers

• InoL

Yes it's all possible.

WHERE destinations = "dummy "

A where clause for a query is very basic.

is there a way to show ticket information in the report with a button next to it that when clicked, the information of the ticket will get updated (status = "bought")

Some action on a button click? Again, very basic.

That is about as much that can be said about such very general questions. Have you ever developed an application using APEX?

User_O7J5C
  • User_O7J5C

@InoL

I'm completely new to this so I have no idea what to do. Yes, I want some action on a button click, how do I customize it ? To be more specific, when the form is submitted, I want to redirect to another page and still be able to use the submitted information for a query

• InoL

Did your boss arrange any APEX training for you? It doesn't sound like a good idea to give you an assignment to create a new application without any prior knowledge, or a colleague with experience as a coach. This looks like an internet application, so you have to take lot of possible security issues into consideration as well.

You can set the button click behavior to Submit Page. Then after submit processing branch to the next page. The information on the submitted page is usually available in a table. Is your first page based on a table at all?

• User_O7J5C

Thanks for the answer man, I think what I want is like a search bar on top of a report, I want two of them, one for the start location and the second one is for the destination, user can search the report by typing in . I'm currently in university and the upcoming assignment requires my group to build a simple database application using APEX. They have not taught APEX yet but when they do, I think it will be a little bit late so I'm trying to firgure it out with my team.

For example, this is the table

When the user type Florida in the start location field, it will show (the destination field could still be empty)

and when they type in Seattle for the destination, it will show (the start location field could still be empty)

and of course when they type in both, it will show the necessary information

I got this idea when I watch this video on 8:30 but not really sure how to do it

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate your help

• InoL
    Answer ✓

Okay, strange that you get an assignment for an APEX app without giving some training first. I guess they want to see what you did to teach yourself, e.g. via internet free training resources.

I don't think you are starting with the earliest task: a two way cascading LOV. Start with a "normal" situation: select start location and then destination, based on the selected start location. This is called a Cascading LOV and standard functionality in APEX.

• User_O7J5C

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks a lot man