Forum Stats

• 3,851,564 Users
  • 2,263,999 Discussions
  • 7,904,781 Comments

Discussions

Wants to know how to disable the Past date in the Calendar LOV in Orcle Forms ?

Ashok Anburaj
Ashok Anburaj Member Posts: 11 Green Ribbon

Team

I am Developing a Custom Form for that

I want to know how to disable the Past date in the Calendar LOV or Show an error Message when the user Enter the Past date(This Error Show Not Show for Existing Data , it only shows when user enters the data)

I used when new item Instance ,Post text Item ,When Validate item,Pre text Item Triggers But Nothing Works

When I use The Above triggers It fires for existing data but I want to Show the Error while user Enters the Past date

Query I am Using in Triggers

BEGIN

IF :XX_RESP_DB.END_DATE < SYSDATE-1 THEN

fnd_message.set_string('Please enter Today date or Future Date');

fnd_message.Error;

raise form_trigger_failure;

END IF;

END;

Kindly Help Me It is Very Urgent

Answers

• Ashok Anburaj

Hi

Actually I found the Solution Disable the Date for Specific Range and It Works Fine

Solution is

BEGIN

calendar.setup('Date Range','20-MAR-1998',sysdate-1);

calendar.show;

end;

Put the Above Query in the Key-List val Trigger so it Disable the Date From 20-MAr-1998 to Sysdate -1

But Now What I want is , The user have to select the Value Only Through LOV They are Not allowed to Type the Date ?

Or

If they Type the Date before sysdate It will have to Show Error

Kindly help me It is Urgent

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,384 Employee

In the future, please provide details about what you are doing and using and the versions associated.

So, for example:

• Exactly which Forms version are you using? Do not say 6i, 10g, 12c as these are product names and not the versions.
    • "Calendar"? Forms does not have built-in calendar functionality.
      • Did you create your own calendar code?
      • Are you using a old demo that Oracle provided years ago?
      • Are you using code that was provided by someone else?
      • If you are using a demo that Oracle provided, are you using the PLSQL version or the Java version of the demo?

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Ashok Anburaj

Dear Michael,

My Form Details

Below is the Image of the calendar

As you can see from the Above Calendar I Disable the past date ,user Only able to Select sysdate and Future date

Now My requirement is User have to select date from the Above lov only ,they are not allowed to enter the date manually

if that is not Possible then , If the user Enters the Date less that Sysdate ,then the error should display like "Please Enter the Today's date or Future date"(this Error should only show when the user Enters the new date, if any row should have already with the date less that sysdate ,this error should not come)

please see the Below Image for the reference

1.First Row Already have the past date ,so the error msg should not pop up

2.Second Row Don't have date ,So When the user Enters the date Less than sysdate ,It should Show the Above msg

i used the below Website Guidance to Enable the Calendar in the date field

http://www.oraappdata.com/2017/12/how-to-enable-calender-in-date-field-in-oralce-forms.html#.YjiWR-pBxPY

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,384 Employee

Ahhh. You left out a critical detail when you opened this thread. You are doing this in an EBS environment. "Calendar" is not something that actually ships with Forms. It is not part of the product, although it was part of the Forms Demo set about 15 years ago.

So with that said, it might be best for you to have this line of questioning in the EBS area. Here, in this area, "Forms", we can only speculate as to what EBS development may have done to that old demo in order to make it production-ready, which as a "demo" it was not.

I can move this thread to EBS, but will leave it here in case anyone else has input. However, if you are interested in investigating this with people more familiar with EBS, consider the following Forum area in the future:

https://community.oracle.com/tech/apps-infra/categories/general_ebs_discussion

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Ashok Anburaj

Thank You Sir .I will try to Find it in that Group Also