Forum Stats

• 3,838,647 Users
  • 2,262,386 Discussions
  • 7,900,715 Comments

Discussions

Can't install Oracle Database 21c Express Edition

Hi, I'm trying to install the Oracle Database (version: 21c) but after some minutes, the installation fails and this happens.. How can I solve?

Answers

2823771 Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon

There is not enough information in your post what exact steps you have performed and what the operating system is, I assume it is Windows. Based on the screenshots that you provided it is probably a permission issue, Try the following:

You must install the Oracle database with administrative privileges in Windows. Right-click or Shift right-click on the setup.exe and select from the menu 'Run as administrator'.

I am an instructor at UC Berkeley Extension and teach Database and Web Development courses. I have attached a document that describes the installation in much detail. If it still does not work, let me know at which exact step it is failing.

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,167 Employee
    edited Apr 1, 2022 4:37PM

How far did you get in the install? Was there a configuring dialog that showed an error? If so, please copy and paste the contents of that dialog here. We will probably have to look at your log files to see what happened.