• 3,827,131 Users
  • 2,260,743 Discussions
  • 7,897,181 Comments

Discussions

Page setup in Subviews

Rajesh Manivannan
Rajesh Manivannan Member Posts: 16 Green Ribbon

Hello,

In subview is there any default page setup that we need to follow, to make sure diagram is clearly visible in the HTML report ? Please advise

when I generated HTML report from relational model, all the relationships in the subview is not clear. Please let me know if there is any default setup.

thanks !

Rajesh

Tagged:

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,410 Employee

Hello Rajesh,

what does it mean "not clear"?

It's a vector based graphic and if you need more details you can zoom in. Can you provide a picture of such "not clear" relationships

Philip

• Rajesh Manivannan

Hi Philip,

When I say not clear- It means, the relationship line is showing as broken between parent and child table. Please find the attached screenshot with example. I'm wondering if I need to select any page setup in the Subview. Please advise

Regards,

Rajesh

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

@Rajesh Manivannan Can you check for errors logged in the log file - menu "View>External Log"

• Rajesh Manivannan

@Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Please find the attached external log, I could see null pointer exception message in couple of line

• Rajesh Manivannan
    edited Apr 19, 2022 7:59AM

Hi Philip...Good Morning !

Did you get a chance to go through the external log?

Today when I generated HTML report, in few subviews relationship label between DIM and Fact table is not showing. Though I have enabled the label to display in the subview, it is not showing in the HTML report.

Then after moving the diagram somewhat in the middle, I'm able to see the relationship label in the HTML report.

Like I mentioned in my initial post, I'm trying to understand if there is any page setup that we need to follow to make sure there is no issue in generating the HTML report. It would be great if you give some tips to fix this. Please advise.

Thanks !

Rajesh

• Rajesh Manivannan

@Philip Stoyanov-Oracle - Could you please add your comments on this post. I'm facing this issue whenever I generate HTML report. It would be great if you provide resolution for this.

Thanks!

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

Hi Rajesh,

attached external log,

That's a picture showing few rows not the log file itself. We don't put confidential information in the log file so you can post it here or you can create service request with Oracle support and upload it there.

The picture shows that a file is missing, but it doesn't show error on creating that file or there is error logged about that in the file ( I can guess only).

You need to set a reports directory where you can write - in preferences or when you generate report :

and here is the report:

as I said earlier - there is no page size in HTML reports

• Rajesh Manivannan

Hi Philip,

I have already set the reports directory by pointing to my documents folder. But, I'm sure something else is missing, that's the reason I'm getting the issue whenever I generate HTML report.

Please find the issue description in detail:

1. In subview in the relational model though I have enabled the label to show in the diagram, if I generate the HTML report those Foreign Key labels are not showing in all the subview.

2.Sometime the relationship line between DIM and Fact tables are showing as broken.

I may have to move the entire diagram here and there to have that fixed. I'm facing this issue regularly.

Could you please help me with the link to create service request with oracle support ?

Thanks !

Rajesh

• Rajesh Manivannan

@Philip Stoyanov-Oracle - To contact oracle support could you please help me with the contact details ? email ID or Support number that I can call from India or if there is any link, please share it.

I'm still facing diagram alignment issue, whenever I generate HTML report. Looks like a bug in the tool.