Forum Stats

• 3,816,594 Users
  • 2,259,212 Discussions
  • 7,893,516 Comments

Discussions

Create virtual mapping to serve static content (alias in forms.conf)

juliojgs
juliojgs Member Posts: 580 Bronze Badge

Hi,

We're migrating from forms 11g to 12c

We have in our app some static content, like help html files.

To serve it, in 11g, we added an alias in the forms.conf , like this:

AliasMatch /forms/docs/(..*) "/app/docs/$1"
WLExcludePathOrMimeType /forms/docs/

This forms.conf file is located here in 11g:

/product/oracle/Middleware/asinst_1/config/OHS/ohs1/moduleconf

Now, I'd like to keep this working in 12c.

I added it in forms.conf file in our new 12c server:

$DOMAIN_BASE/mydomain/config/fmwconfig/components/OHS/instances/ohs1/moduleconf/forms.conf

But when I try the url, I get a 404 not found error.

Any hint?

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee
    Answer ✓

The Fusion Middleware Control blank page issues was a known problem and was fixed in the Forms Quarterly Patch (QPR). The January2022 patch is available, however we are expecting to make the April patch available soon. Information about this new patch process can be found in the Announcements section of the Forms product page:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Similar information is also published at the top of this Community Forum as an announcement or pinned post.

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/categories/forms

As I mentioned, you should not be altering configuration files outside of Fusion Middleware Control. You said you found 2 forms.conf files. In some cases you might find 3. Regardless, do not alter these files in the file system.

The reason for multiple files (this or any other file) is because each config file starts as a template. During installation and/or domain creation the template file is used to create what will become the functional config file. For some components, like OHS when a config change is introduced, those changes are staged outside the instance. When the server is told to commit the changes (or at startup) the out of instance files are copied into their appropriate location within the instance.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

Answers

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee

Yes. You need to make the changed in Fusion Middleware Control and not directly in the file system.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• juliojgs
    juliojgs Member Posts: 580 Bronze Badge

Thanks so much for the answer.

well, then I have a problem, because something is wrong with em and after the login page, it goes to a loop in a blank page, trying to show this url:

https://sapora12c.localdomain:7002/em/faces/helppages/errorPage.jspx

I'm waiting for my IT support to install the last patch. Maybe it will fix it.

Also, I see there are two forms.conf files:

$DOMAIN_HOME/config/fmwconfig/components/FORMS/instances/forms1/server/forms.conf

$DOMAIN_HOME/config/fmwconfig/components/OHS/instances/ohs1/moduleconf/forms.conf

I'm not sure which one is relevant for my setup. I supose it depends on if I'm serving forms from ohs1 or from WLS_FORMS

How can I tell?

Answer ✓

The Fusion Middleware Control blank page issues was a known problem and was fixed in the Forms Quarterly Patch (QPR). The January2022 patch is available, however we are expecting to make the April patch available soon. Information about this new patch process can be found in the Announcements section of the Forms product page:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Similar information is also published at the top of this Community Forum as an announcement or pinned post.

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/categories/forms

As I mentioned, you should not be altering configuration files outside of Fusion Middleware Control. You said you found 2 forms.conf files. In some cases you might find 3. Regardless, do not alter these files in the file system.

The reason for multiple files (this or any other file) is because each config file starts as a template. During installation and/or domain creation the template file is used to create what will become the functional config file. For some components, like OHS when a config change is introduced, those changes are staged outside the instance. When the server is told to commit the changes (or at startup) the out of instance files are copied into their appropriate location within the instance.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle