Forum Stats

• 3,840,138 Users
  • 2,262,571 Discussions
  • 7,901,155 Comments

Discussions

The "add a connection" icon is grayed out

Hello Community,

I've got a user who cannot add a database connection as when he clicks on the + icon, nothing happen.

Anybody faced the same kind of issue ?

Thanks for your help !!

Regards,

Bob

Best Answer

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,169 Employee
    edited Apr 24, 2022 6:26AM Answer ✓

Hi Bob,

When I have seen something this extreme, usually something went wrong in the installation and it needs to be reinstalled.

What version of our extension are they using?

What OS and version are they using?

What version of the .NET Runtime are they using?

Lets try to reinstall, and lets wait after each step to give it a chance to complete and open and close VS Code with each step:

Uninstall the extension, wait 2 minutes, restart VS Code, wait 2 more minutes, reinstall of the extension, wait 2 minutes, and then restart vscode.

Let me know if this fixes it for them.

BobMilli

Answers

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Apr 24, 2022 6:26AM Answer ✓

Hi Bob,

When I have seen something this extreme, usually something went wrong in the installation and it needs to be reinstalled.

What version of our extension are they using?

What OS and version are they using?

What version of the .NET Runtime are they using?

Lets try to reinstall, and lets wait after each step to give it a chance to complete and open and close VS Code with each step:

Uninstall the extension, wait 2 minutes, restart VS Code, wait 2 more minutes, reinstall of the extension, wait 2 minutes, and then restart vscode.

Let me know if this fixes it for them.

BobMilli
  • BobMilli
    BobMilli Member Posts: 8 Green Ribbon

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

It was due, as you suspected, as a missing correct .NET Runtime.

Issue fixed !

Regards,

Bob

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Apr 30, 2022 6:08PM

Hi Bob,

We are supposed to prompt the user if they don't have the correct .NET Runtime installed and we offer to take them to a web page to show them how to install it.

Did that happen in this case? If not, that is a serious issue and I would appreciate it if you could let me know what versions of .NET Runtime they had installed on their machine when this failure occurred. If we did notify them about the missing .NET Runtime, but they ignored it, then this is expected behavior. 😀