Forum Stats

• 3,816,624 Users
  • 2,259,214 Discussions
  • 7,893,521 Comments

Discussions

pack to pack linking

Nathan Zentner
Nathan Zentner Member Posts: 26 Green Ribbon

I have a common pack hrt-osc that holds a library in common that does the linking and security to our service cloud instance. I also have two other packs hrt-accomm and hrt-cat-erm that need to call the service cloud but have its own functionality. I have just started this work in Typescript 12.1.0. When I add the library to the viewModel of a page it works, but if I try to add it to the other components within the packs, it does not work

The Weird thing is that within Visual Studio Code, the import appears to work and it also has a handle to the methods within, so that I can use type ahead, but when compiling, it is looking for the common component within its own path of the exterior pack.

In the picture above, hrt-accomm has to connect to service cloud through hrt-osc/common/libs/. The Code below works in the the viewModel of a page, but does not work in the hrt-accomm web components. I'm sure it is a dependency that I need to add, but can not find out where for the TypeScript Application. I started the application with "ojet create ojet-core --template=navbar –typescript"

import {Connection} from "hrt-osc/common/libs/libraries";

Connection.localMakeRequest("/cc/data/getAppVars").then((response)=>{

console.log(">>delegate-list::init::getappvars", response);

}).catch((ex) =>{

console.error(">>delegate-list::init::getappvars", ex);

})

Best Answer

• Duncan Mills-Oracle
    Duncan Mills-Oracle Member Posts: 4,077 Employee
    Answer ✓

I'm pretty sure that the work around for this will be to ensure that the optimizer does not try and cross bundle the packs when processing each component. We can do that by setting the correct paths to "empty:" in the before_component_optimize hook, it would just need a little logic to work out the correct ones to set as each component is processed.

A basic hook impl to set or override the path correctly might look a little like this: (/scripts/hooks/before_component_optimize.js)

const path = require('path');

'use strict';

module.exports = function (configObj) {
      return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
      	console.log("Running before_component_optimize hook.");

//Set the hrt-osc path to empty for any of the other pack components
            //so they don't try and cross-bundle the code during optimization
            if (!configObj.componentRequireJs.name.startsWith('hrt-osc/')){
                configObj.componentRequireJs.paths['hrt-osc'] = 'empty:';
            } 
      	resolve(configObj);
      });
    };

Answers

• Nathan Zentner

I have done further research on this. I have followed Create Resource Components for JET Packs and my structure for "hrt-osc" is slightly different.

When I "ojet build --release" and have reference and use the common-libraries in a view viewModel.js, the application compiles without error. When I have reference and use it within a web component in another pack, then I get the following exception:

no such file or directory, open 'C:/ClientWork/Azure/ojet-core/web/js/jet-composites/hrt-accomm/1.0.0/hrt-osc/common-libraries/index.js'

It appears to be looking for the common-libraries within its own directory structure instead of the the proper one.

I then thought that maybe it requires an entry within "component.json" of the child pack, so I added ","hrt-osc-common-libraries":"1.0.0"" within the dependencies section, following "Consume the Reference Component", but then when building I get the following error:

Error: Missing pack prefix for component hrt-osc-common-libraries in hrt-accomm

The strange thing is that there is no issue when coding within Visual Studio Code. The references all work and I can use the package both in my view viewModel and also my component viewModel.

• Duncan Mills-Oracle

Nathan, your code is correct in that the references to the shared code from the other packs should be based on the path 'hrt-osc/common/libs/libraries'

What version of the ojet cli are you running with here?

• Duncan Mills-Oracle
    Answer ✓

I'm pretty sure that the work around for this will be to ensure that the optimizer does not try and cross bundle the packs when processing each component. We can do that by setting the correct paths to "empty:" in the before_component_optimize hook, it would just need a little logic to work out the correct ones to set as each component is processed.

A basic hook impl to set or override the path correctly might look a little like this: (/scripts/hooks/before_component_optimize.js)

const path = require('path');

'use strict';

module.exports = function (configObj) {
      return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
      	console.log("Running before_component_optimize hook.");

//Set the hrt-osc path to empty for any of the other pack components
            //so they don't try and cross-bundle the code during optimization
            if (!configObj.componentRequireJs.name.startsWith('hrt-osc/')){
                configObj.componentRequireJs.paths['hrt-osc'] = 'empty:';
            } 
      	resolve(configObj);
      });
    };

• Nathan Zentner

Ferris Bueller.. Your my hero...