Forum Stats

• 3,852,824 Users
  • 2,264,140 Discussions
  • 7,905,154 Comments

Discussions

ADF Table : After sorting by a column, selected editable row does not honour the sort order

User_6J8SB
User_6J8SB Member Posts: 2 Employee
edited Apr 26, 2022 3:49PM in JDeveloper and ADF

I have an adf table with 30 rows with the below properties :

scrollPolicy="page", rowSelection="multiple", editingMode="clickToEdit", fetchSize="5".

VO tuning parameters are as follows :

"All rows" in batches of "10", "As needed". AccessMode is set to "Scrollable" with Range size "10".

Steps to replicate issue :

1. Select a row (row becomes editable because of the editingMode property)
  2. Sort by column (i.e. deptNumber)
  3. Paginate to the next page, observe that the selected row from the first page shows at the top(first row of the 2nd page).

NOTE : his issue does not appear in the below cases :

1. If VO's tuning parameter has AccessMode set to "RANGE_PAGING".
  2. If VO's tuning parameter has "All at once" instead of "As needed".

Ask : Need to find out how the selected row is getting set at the first position of the next page.

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,735 Red Diamond

User, tell us your exact JDev version, please!

I guess that's because when you make the row editable it gets selected and it keeps selected in your case. why it works in the other cases I don't know.

What do you try to archive?

That the selected row get deselected when you navigate to another page?

Can you provide a reproducible test case?

Timo

• User_6J8SB
    User_6J8SB Member Posts: 2 Employee

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your response.

Jdev version : Studio Edition Version 20.0.0.1.0

When we navigate to other pages, it is expected to have the row selected (But, as per the sorted order, that is not happening with these specific VO tuning parameters).

Reproducible test case steps :

1. create a view with department table(HR schema) having the mentioned parameters in the problem statement.
    2. create a jsff with and drag the created VO showing data as an ADF table with sort enabled.
    3. Select a row (row becomes editable because of the editingMode property)
    4. Sort by column (i.e. deptNumber)
    5. Paginate to the next page, observe that the selected row from the first page shows at the top(first row of the 2nd page) OR any other page where the selected row is supposed to be, notice that the selected row is not in it's correct position after sort.

~~~

We observed the below :

Example,

total number of rows in table : 30

each pages shows : 5 rows (total 6 pages to navigate)

when we sort a column in DESC order, it executes the query and fetches first 5 rows in an arrayList. Now, when we navigate to page 2, it fetches the next set of rows. It fetches the selected row first, then moves on to fetch the other 4 rows. Hence, we see the selected row on the first position of the 2nd page.

Thanks.

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,735 Red Diamond

User, the version you are using is not available to the public. We can't help with this version.

You should ask this question using an internal channel.

If you can reproduce this in 12.2.1.4 you should provide a reproducible test case built on the HR DB schema that we can use to look into this issue.

Timo