Forum Stats

• 3,816,603 Users
  • 2,259,212 Discussions
  • 7,893,517 Comments

Discussions

Form Builder Converter Error

dsscott
dsscott Member Posts: 179 Blue Ribbon

I'm using Forms 12.2.1.4 on Windows Server. When I try to convert a form using the Convert Form (.fmb) to XML in Form Builder I get the error FRM-18132: Unable to invoke XML converter. I can convert a .fmb to Text with the converter ok. Anyone know what's wrong?

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee

Please provide more details about what you are doing and how you are doing it. Also let us know if you are using a full installation or Builder Standalone.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• dsscott
    dsscott Member Posts: 179 Blue Ribbon

I'm using a full installtion. I found an Oracle Support document (Doc ID 2351056.1) that said the frmf2xml.bat should be in the FORMS_INSTANCE\bin directory but my installation doesn't have that directory so evidently something didn't work during installation. Another person did the installation so I don't know what steps they did.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee

The fact that the Instance was not created or not created correctly means the last steps were not properly performed.

In order to complete the installation/configuration, the servers (Node Manager, Admin Server, managed server(s)) must be successfully started. On a Windows machines, the Node Manager and Admin Server must be started from an elevated DOS shell. Same is true of the other managed servers, but these can be started from Fusion Middleware Control and/or the WLS Console the first time. If you prefer to start from a shell then again, it must be an elevated shell (when on Windows).

If you fail to do this final step or fail to do it correctly, the configuration of the Domain will be incomplete. At that point recreating the domain likely will be the easiest way to fix it.

See Step 24 in the Installation Guide:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/developer-tools/forms/12.2.1.4/install-fnr/installing-and-configuring-oracle-forms1.html#GUID-E3EC8981-780D-4D15-AA01-1FF91CDDCF59

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM