Forum Stats

• 3,815,254 Users
  • 2,258,986 Discussions
  • 7,893,015 Comments

Discussions

REQUIRED Property Issue

848013 Member Posts: 294 Bronze Badge

Hi

I am 12.2.1.4. I have 2 Choice List fields on my page. second field is dependant on first field. second field is mandatory for my requirement.

When i don't set the required property for my second field, all works great

When i set the required property for my second field, dependent LOV is not refreshed. still showing initial values. . I set autosubmit for all 3 fields as True and partial trigger for second field as first field

Thanks

Lakshmi

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,267 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

Mark the second field as 'show required'. It will show the '*' in front but not enforce that the field is filled. This you must check when the user clicks e.g. the OK button (or send) and you can check it in focus lost javascript event and add a message when the field is empty but the first field is not.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,267 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

Mark the second field as 'show required'. It will show the '*' in front but not enforce that the field is filled. This you must check when the user clicks e.g. the OK button (or send) and you can check it in focus lost javascript event and add a message when the field is empty but the first field is not.

Timo

848013 Member Posts: 294 Bronze Badge