Forum Stats

• 3,815,377 Users
  • 2,259,010 Discussions
  • 7,893,063 Comments

Discussions

ORDS 22.1 404

I'm trying to configure Oracle Apex 22.1 and ORDS to work with Tomcat. I managed to complete all steps as per the Oracle docs instruction.

on my oracle linux I installed APEX 22.2, tomcat 9 and ORDS 22.1. When i try to call APEX with http://<server-name>:<port>/ords/, i get this error "The request could not be mapped to any database. Check the request URL is correct, and that URL to database mappings have been correctly configured"

Can someone help me please?

Answers

• CountOfMonteChristo
    CountOfMonteChristo Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon

Sounds like the database config files [email protected] are either incorrectly built or do not exist, look in the ords config directory, if the apex_*.xml files are there the ords installation may have been supplied the wrong database location/credentials.

Solution: Run the java -jar ords.war install again insuring that the db location/passwords are entered correctly.

• Paavo
    Paavo Member Posts: 736 Silver Badge

@Ahmedaldam see this thread: Are these versions ok to migrate to 22.1.0 ? it is actually proof of successful upgrade from 21.x to 22.1.0 in tomcat setup - juiced with apache frontend. You might find it helpful.

Just hint - look carefully the tomcat logs when it loads the ords.war and then the configurations for your pdbs.

@User_Y9EO9 please work on your nick, its scary. And see the difference between the recent 22.1.x style to configure ords.

rgrds Paavo

• CountOfMonteChristo
    edited May 3, 2022 5:23PM

@Ahmedaldam Hum,,, I changed my nick yesterday, might only be displayed on new posts? Just checked it, it is set in profile, but does not display here. Could be issue with forum?? Sorry you are Scared,

• Ahmedaldam
    Ahmedaldam Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon
    edited May 3, 2022 6:44PM

@Paavo I am not doing a migration. I installed ords 22.1 with this installation ORACLE-BASE - Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) : Installation on Tomcat (ORDS Version 22.1 Onward)

when i restart tomcat and look into the log file i see this

03-May-2022 19:23:52.440 INFORMATION [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows using OpenSSL was not found on the java.library.path: [/usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.122 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] oracle.dbtools.common.logging.JDKLogSink.record No pools configured yet

03-May-2022 19:25:10.163 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [/opt/tomcat/webapps/ords.war] has finished in [1.450] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.163 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/host-manager]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.172 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/host-manager] has finished in [9] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.172 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/i]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.180 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/i] has finished in [8] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.180 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/manager]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.188 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/manager] has finished in [8] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.188 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/docs]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.195 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/docs] has finished in [7] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.195 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/examples]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.258 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/examples] has finished in [63] ms

03-May-2022 19:25:10.258 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploye Web-Applikations-Verzeichnis [/opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT]

03-May-2022 19:25:10.264 INFORMATION [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT] has finished in [6] ms

what am I doing wrong or missing ?

any help will be appreciated

thank you

Ahmed

• Paavo
    Paavo Member Posts: 736 Silver Badge

@Ahmedaldam the log says little about the deployment of ords.war itself.

Does your setup work if you run ords standalone without tomcat? Meaning are the ords install logs ok and is the routing configuration ok etc..?

If this is not migrate but your first installation to e.g. some specific pdb only then I recommend you to create specific user to install the ords and rehearse silent install / uninstall cycles until the standalone works. The migration thread gives you maybe some ideas for that.

Make sure your apex is installed before and pay attention to install logs.

rgrds Paavo

• CountOfMonteChristo

Running ORDS (Apex via ORDS listener) in standalone mode

java  -jar ords.war standalone 

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,510 Employee

That's not how you run 22.1 anymore

ords --config /path/to/config serve

Paavo