Forum Stats

• 3,815,370 Users
  • 2,259,009 Discussions
  • 7,893,054 Comments

Discussions

How to delete all preinstalled XE data

It's my first time using an Oracle XE database and after installing XE I wanted to start creating some tables etc. Unfortunatly my database is flooded with tables, procedures and more that were preinstalled. Is there a way to "clear" the database so that I can use it properly without the hundreds of preinstalled elements?

Tagged:

Answers

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,801 Red Diamond
    edited May 9, 2022 1:17PM

Unfortunatly my database is flooded with tables, procedures and more that were preinstalled. Is there a way to "clear" the database so that I can use it properly without the hundreds of preinstalled elements?

Flooded? Why do you say that? What did you see for drawing this conclusion?

Keep in mind that the Oracle db kernel needs metadata to manage the database. Metadata is stored as tables and expose as views. Looking at a view such as DBA_OBJECTS/ALL_OBJECTS includes a lot of system related objects.

Components such as XDB (XML DataBase) were optional in the past, can now be compulsory due to the evolving technical data landscape to support.

Components such as APEX that used to be bundled with XE are relatively small (if installed).