• 2,260,790 Discussions
  • 7,897,295 Comments

Discussions

Hide Interactive Grid Column on Region Refresh

SteveQuinlivan
SteveQuinlivan Member Posts: 68 Red Ribbon
edited May 23, 2022 12:41PM in APEX Discussions

Afternoon all,

I'm aware I can hide an Interactive Grid column on page submit / render using Server Side Conditions, but I'm wondering if it can be done via a refresh Dynamic action without having to re submit / render the whole page.

I have a Select List that when changed, triggers a refresh of an IG region and changes the displayed data.

I have a new requirement to hide certain columns in the IG when there is a particular value in the select list, and ideally to be able to do this smoothly / dynamically.

I'm using Apex 19.2.

As always any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SteveQuinlivan
    Answer ✓

Just to confirm that i have figured out how to do this using a DA - Execute JavaScript Code by using the below code

var ig$ = apex.region("IG_STATIC_ID").widget(),   

view = ig$.interactiveGrid("getCurrentView");

var gridView = apex.region("IG_STATIC_ID").call("getViews").grid;

/// Show Hide COLUMN

if ($v("FIELD_ON_FORM") === "VALUE_TO_CHECK_FOR") {  gridView.view$.grid("hideColumn", "COLUMN_NAME");

}

else{  gridView.view$.grid("showColumn", "COLUMN_NAME");

}

The column name is the column name as appears on the right hand side of the design window under Identification

Regards

Answers

• SteveQuinlivan
    Answer ✓

Just to confirm that i have figured out how to do this using a DA - Execute JavaScript Code by using the below code

var ig$ = apex.region("IG_STATIC_ID").widget(),   

view = ig$.interactiveGrid("getCurrentView");

var gridView = apex.region("IG_STATIC_ID").call("getViews").grid;

/// Show Hide COLUMN

if ($v("FIELD_ON_FORM") === "VALUE_TO_CHECK_FOR") {  gridView.view$.grid("hideColumn", "COLUMN_NAME");

}

else{  gridView.view$.grid("showColumn", "COLUMN_NAME");

}

The column name is the column name as appears on the right hand side of the design window under Identification

Regards