Forum Stats

• 3,827,542 Users
  • 2,260,790 Discussions
  • 7,897,296 Comments

Discussions

How to download BLOB that has been extracted from zip and stored in an apex_collection?

APEX_DOUCE
APEX_DOUCE Member Posts: 16 Green Ribbon

The "Download BLOB" column option that is available for Interactive Reports does not work because the options for that column type requires being able to select a table & being able to select a collection is not an option.

I am using the APEX_ZIP package that loops through the zip file and then adds those members to the collection.

Is there another means to download a file that has been extracted from a zip & stored in a collection?

Is there a means to use the "Link" column option & a URL to download a file?

I am using APEX 20.1.

Thank you,

Derek

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,980 Red Diamond

The "Download BLOB" column option that is available for Interactive Reports does not work because the options for that column type requires being able to select a table & being able to select a collection is not an option.

Create a view over the collection.

Is there another means to download a file that has been extracted from a zip & stored in a collection?

Use an On-Demand page or application process (aka "AJAX Callback" when defined on a page) something like this.

• APEX_DOUCE
    APEX_DOUCE Member Posts: 16 Green Ribbon

fac586,

The reason collection was chosen over a view is because I am attempting to limit the only file being "stored" to a zip file. I am looking to have the files extracted from that zip and then downloaded without then having the extracted files(s) being stored permanently.

With the On-Demand or application process it looks like each example has mimetype as part of the information used. & I don't see that APEX_ZIP pulls that data with

Related questions would be:

Are extracted files using the APEX_ZIP package capable of being downloaded? Is enough data provided from using that package to be able to then download extracted files?

This package pulls the name of the file and the BLOB content. Is this all that is required to be able to download a file or is mimetype also needed?

And maybe these question deserve a separate post for themselves....

Thank you,

Derek

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,980 Red Diamond

The reason collection was chosen over a view is because I am attempting to limit the only file being "stored" to a zip file. I am looking to have the files extracted from that zip and then downloaded without then having the extracted files(s) being stored permanently.

I said "create a view over the collection" not "create a view instead of the collection". The collection is used for temporary storage, a view on top of it enables an interactive report with BLOB column support to be built on the collection.

With the On-Demand or application process it looks like each example has mimetype as part of the information used. 

As does BLOB support in interactive reports.

APEX_DOUCE