This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,909 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

End subsequent processes when a prior process with exception raised

Steven.
Steven. Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
edited May 28, 2022 7:19AM in APEX Discussions

My use case is there are multiple processes for a save action after page submit. When a process raised exception, I would like to skip subsequent processes and show error message and don’t close the form. How the config to do so? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

my use case is I have a modal form to update a record. The form has a save button and if record can be saved success, it closes the form. I create 3 processes and set server side condition when the save button pressed. 1st process is validation for the record.

Then run it as a validation, not a process. APEX separates validations and processes for a reason.

2nd process is updating record. 3rd process is close the form. How can I ensure the subsequent process should be fired only if the prior process can be completed success.

I trialled this yesterday. The default APEX behaviour was to cease processing when an exception occurred. If you are seeing something different then I suggest you share a demonstration on apex.oracle.com.

Answers

• fac586

Please update your community profile with a recognisable username instead of "User_LI6U7".

What are the process execution points?

What type(s) of processes are involved?

What do they do?

What do you mean by "don’t close the form"?

• Steven.
    Steven. Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
    edited May 29, 2022 4:34PM

Fac586, my use case is I have a modal form to update a record. The form has a save button and if record can be saved success, it closes the form. I create 3 processes and set server side condition when the save button pressed. 1st process is validation for the record. 2nd process is updating record. 3rd process is close the form. How can I ensure the subsequent process should be fired only if the prior process can be completed success. Thanks.

Once after update my display name, it is saved but not effective.

• fac586
    Answer ✓

my use case is I have a modal form to update a record. The form has a save button and if record can be saved success, it closes the form. I create 3 processes and set server side condition when the save button pressed. 1st process is validation for the record.

Then run it as a validation, not a process. APEX separates validations and processes for a reason.

2nd process is updating record. 3rd process is close the form. How can I ensure the subsequent process should be fired only if the prior process can be completed success.

I trialled this yesterday. The default APEX behaviour was to cease processing when an exception occurred. If you are seeing something different then I suggest you share a demonstration on apex.oracle.com.