Forum Stats

• 3,824,920 Users
  • 2,260,440 Discussions
  • 7,896,348 Comments

Discussions

VS-Code Oracle Dev Tools not seeing all tables

I just installed this extension and am not seeing all the tables. Normally we use Golden. I used the same tnsnames.ora information as Golden for my connection and set the correct schema.

Answers

• Could the tables be owned by another user?

Please check the "Other Users" node in Oracle Explorer and see if you see the tables you are looking for in there.

• One more thing - there is a chance that the owner of the table is not who you think it is-

To be sure:

select owner from ALL_TABLES where TABLE_NAME ='YOURTABLE';

Once you find out the real owner, look in "Other Users" node for that user.

• User_QBVPT
    User_QBVPT Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

You suggestion does not make sense. If I can see some of the tables, I have the correct schema (owner). Here in the office I can see all tables and views, working from home via VPN I could not. Might have been a load timing or VPN issue. It's something we need to solve in-house.

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,148 Employee
    edited Jun 2, 2022 7:13PM

It depends on the tool you are using.

Some tools show you all the objects you have access to in the same tree control, including objects owned by other users that you have rights on. This extension doesn't do that -- it puts those other objects in the Other Users node.

Also, it is possible that you have been using a synonym, not a table itself, in which case it would not show up in the tables node.

You can try issuing a connect statement in a script and then selecting from the table to see if at least a script can query from it.

• User_QBVPT
    User_QBVPT Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

It's not that complicated. I'm using VS Code with the Oracle-recommended plugin on Windows 10 and Max OSX. Synonyms are set at the DB level, independent from the tool being used.

• Go ahead and run that select statement I gave you for the table you want to see in the explorer.

When the query provides you the owner name, verify that it is the same user you are logging in as.