Forum Stats

• 3,838,631 Users
  • 2,262,385 Discussions
  • 7,900,715 Comments

Discussions

Autonomus database fails to start

Pervez
Pervez Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

I have an Always Free autonomous database. I have been using it without problems since I created it in 2020. It is now stuck in Stopped state. When I click on the Start option in the console, the state changes to Starting but after a minute it changes back to Stopped. I've tried this many times since yesterday but the database fails to start each time. No error message is displayed in the browser. Please help. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Pervez

I just found the work requests for my requests to Start the database. They are marked as Failed in red. The latest one has this error message:

The Autonomous Database operation failed due to an unknown error. Refer to JobId 52b3c3fd-abc3-44af-87f9-ec670278dd0a and WorkRequestId c265d2ee-2d60-4cee-be8c-eefa5bfeb70d when opening a Service Request at My Oracle Support.

Obviously I can't open a support ticket because this is an Always Free database, so I hope someone here will be able to help me.

• Pervez

Success! After 7 failed attempts to Start in the last 24 hours, the database just started successfully. Thanks to anyone at Oracle who helped behind the scenes. I would have hated to lose all my data.