Forum Stats

• 3,824,920 Users
  • 2,260,440 Discussions
  • 7,896,350 Comments

Discussions

Will Oracle reports be part of Oracle forms 14c ?

User_W739O
User_W739O Member Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon
edited Jun 6, 2022 2:52PM in Forms

As oracle has announced Oracle fusion middleware statement of directions and it has oracle forms and reports. I know oracle BI publisher is recommended product to replace oracle reports. but my question is about to inquire more about oracle reports inclusion in Forms 14. please advice or suggest , will oracle reports product shipped with Oracle forms 14c ? will we able to configure oracle reports in Forms14c?

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,194 Employee
    Answer ✓

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Wasn't your question, whether or not Reports would be included in the next major release? As you highlighted, it is planned to be included.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

Answers

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,194 Employee

Please refer to the Middleware Statement of Direction here:

https://www.oracle.com/middleware/

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• User_W739O

HI Michael,

Thanks for your response , yes I am referring the same doc..it is mentioned reports in the doc. so just wanted to check , if reports will be part of 14c ,just like we have in 12.4c ,and can we configure it in forms 14c?

Regards,

Vikas

Answer ✓

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Wasn't your question, whether or not Reports would be included in the next major release? As you highlighted, it is planned to be included.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• User_W739O

Thank you. this answer my query , Now reports product will be there for next 8 years. we were planning to see reports replacement with BI Publisher as it is recommended product .as it is a big effort and require lot of time , I was curious if next release will remove reports from 14c or not . now we can plan the replacement POC , may be next year ,after forms reports 14c upgrade..

Regards,

Vikas