Forum Stats

• 3,824,920 Users
  • 2,260,440 Discussions
  • 7,896,347 Comments

Discussions

Oracle form Check the box if met certain condition.

User_0IKA6
User_0IKA6 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Is there any function that will check/tick a checkbox once a condition is met because I only found the CHECKBOX_CHECKED() function that return boolean.

What I want is something like IF corraddrno = addrno THEN ('set checkbox as checked').

I am very new to oracle so I am not sure which function that are available to be use.

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• cormaco
    cormaco Member Posts: 1,939 Silver Crown
    Answer ✓

Check the Forms Builder Help entry "About Checkbox Values":

Checkboxes store CHAR, NUMBER, or DATE values. The value of a checkbox can be set by a fetch from a corresponding database column, by end user input via item manipulation, or through initial value or runtime assignment. Similarly, the value of a checkbox can be committed to the database through standard commit processing. When you define a checkbox, you specify what value you want the checkbox to represent as checked and what value you want it to represent as unchecked. For instance, consider a checkbox that indicates whether or not a customer has been approved for credit. When you define the checkbox, you could specify the Value when Checked to be 'CREDIT_OK' and the Value when Unchecked to be 'NO_CREDIT'. When a customer record is fetched, the checkbox stores the value retrieved from its corresponding database column. If the fetched value is 'NO_CREDIT,' the checkbox is displayed in the unchecked state (off). If the end user activates the checkbox to toggle it to the checked state (on), the checkbox value changes to the checked value, 'CREDIT_OK.'

So assign the value you have defined as "Value when Checked" to the item.

Answers

• cormaco
    cormaco Member Posts: 1,939 Silver Crown
    Answer ✓

Check the Forms Builder Help entry "About Checkbox Values":

Checkboxes store CHAR, NUMBER, or DATE values. The value of a checkbox can be set by a fetch from a corresponding database column, by end user input via item manipulation, or through initial value or runtime assignment. Similarly, the value of a checkbox can be committed to the database through standard commit processing. When you define a checkbox, you specify what value you want the checkbox to represent as checked and what value you want it to represent as unchecked. For instance, consider a checkbox that indicates whether or not a customer has been approved for credit. When you define the checkbox, you could specify the Value when Checked to be 'CREDIT_OK' and the Value when Unchecked to be 'NO_CREDIT'. When a customer record is fetched, the checkbox stores the value retrieved from its corresponding database column. If the fetched value is 'NO_CREDIT,' the checkbox is displayed in the unchecked state (off). If the end user activates the checkbox to toggle it to the checked state (on), the checkbox value changes to the checked value, 'CREDIT_OK.'

So assign the value you have defined as "Value when Checked" to the item.