Forum Stats

• 3,824,920 Users
  • 2,260,440 Discussions
  • 7,896,348 Comments

Discussions

After upgrade to ORDS 22.1.1: How to configure APEX_PUBLIC_USER?

Hi, i migrated from ORDS 21.1.3 to ORDS 22.1.1. The ords.war is running inside a Tomcat 9.

I am using a simple setup with only the default pool configured with db.username = ORDS_PUBLIC_USER

(That is what the config migration created)

When starting the Tomcat i can see 15 inactive sessions in the database for user ORDS_PUBLIC_USER (jdbc.InitialLimit is set to 15, so this is the expected behavior)

APEX is accessible via the Browser and from the users point of view it seems everything ok, but:

After the first HTTP(S) call to an APEX page, in the database session list apears another session with user APEX_PUBLIC_USER. So now i have 16 connections. All APEX traffic is using this APEX_PUBLIC_USER connection.

How does this work?

In the pool configuration if have not given a password for the APEX_PUBLIC_USER. How can i configure it? Would also be nice to have a preconnected pool for this user instead of having only one connection. I am afraid that i will get problems in production environmemnt with many users in parallel.

What is going wrong here?

This are the current ORDS-config settings:

ORDS: Release 22.1 Produktion am Fr. Juni 17 10:02:05 2022

Copyright (c) 2010, 2022, Oracle.

Konfiguration:

/C:/apex-server/ords/config/

Datenbankpool: default

Einstellung             Wert                   Quelle

----------------------------------  --------------------------------------  ------

db.connectionType          basic                  Global

db.hostname             dbzitrone.xyz.local        Global

db.password             ******                  Pool-Wallet

db.port               1521                   Global

db.username             ORDS_PUBLIC_USER             Pool

jdbc.InitialLimit          15                    Global

jdbc.MaxLimit            25                    Global

jdbc.MinLimit            15                    Global

jdbc.cleanup.mode          recycle                 Global

plsql.gateway.mode          proxied                 Pool

security.requestValidationFunction  wwv_flow_epg_include_modules.authorize  Global