• 3,826,191 Users
  • 2,260,605 Discussions
  • 7,896,810 Comments

Discussions

Different between JDeveloper 12.1.3.10.8 vs 12.1.3.10.47

hoanvuphan
hoanvuphan Member Posts: 29 Blue Ribbon

Hi all,

I am currently using ADF 12.1.3 (JDeveloper 12.1.3.10.8) on old VM and also on production.

Now I need to install JDeveloper on the new VM, so when I install JDeveloper 12.1.3, the version is 12.1.3.10.47.

So is there any problem with it? I did test around, but found nothing special, but prefer to ask the community comments.

What is the latest number in the version?

Thank you very much,

Vu

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,455 Red Diamond

What is the exact ADF version, current and the one from the new installation?

The difference in the JDev version is the result of an update of one or more components (ADF or IDE). When you downloaded JDev for the first VM the version was 12.1.3.10.8. In the meantime, Oracle published at least one update of JDev 12.1.3 and now the version is 12.1.3.10.47.

The problem is that we don't know what has been changed. You can ask Oracle support about the changes. If the changes are only for the JDEV IDE, you are save. If the change was a bug fix in ADF it might be critical.

To be on the save side, the development version and the production version of ADF should be identical. Otherwise, you don't see a problem in development (that has been fixed with the update) but in production.

You can find out the exact ADF runtime version by searching for the file adfm.jar, open a shell in the folder of the jar and run

java -cp adfm.jar oracle.jbo.common.PrintVersion

This will print the BC4J version.

Timo

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,568 Gold Crown

I am currently using ADF 12.1.3 (JDeveloper 12.1.3.10.8) on old VM and also on production.

Now I need to install JDeveloper on the new VM, so when I install JDeveloper 12.1.3, the version is 12.1.3.10.47.So is there any problem with it? I did test around, but found nothing special

The question is if a slight difference in the minor version makes a difference to the user?

No. Even if any bug fixes are made, no feature change is made.

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,455 Red Diamond

@dvohra21

The question is if a slight difference in the minor version makes a difference to the user?

No. Even if any bug fixes are made, no feature change is made.

No, that is not the question. The question is how development can reproduce a bug in production running the older version, that is fixed already in the new version?

In such a cast the bug can't be reproduced and will not be fixed other than by installing the newer version on the production server.

Timo