• 2,260,634 Discussions
  • 7,896,915 Comments

Discussions

Table in combination with panelSplitter

ChristianM0147
ChristianM0147 Member Posts: 35 Red Ribbon
edited Jun 23, 2022 8:58AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

I'm currently using JDeveloper Version 12.2.1.4.0.

My Scenario: I have got 2 seperate tables in an af:panelSplitter component. The af:panelSplitter´s orientation is set to vertical so one table is above another.

My question is: Is there a way to set the height of the bottom table depending of the splitters position? If i close the Splitter and the top table gets collapsed, i want the second table to use the full size that is available on screen. (show as much rows as possible)

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,457 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

That should work.

So, we are back at the layout containers and how they interact.

The current structure of the page is complex. My advice is to try this in a layout that is much simpler. You have to look at all layout containers outside the one holding the table. Don't use percentage values for height if possible.

Play with the properties from the layout containers like dimensionForm and others regarding the stretching of the containers.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,457 Red Diamond

This should be possible. It depends on the layout containers, the one the panelSplitter is in, and the containers inside the splitter. See

What have you defined there?

Timo

• ChristianM0147
    edited Jun 27, 2022 6:02AM

Thank you very much @Tim Blackman-Oracle@Timo Hahn.

This is my Hierarchy:

I think the Problem is the table. If i set no AutoHeightRows the tables height is much bigger than the screensize and if i disclose the panelsplitter the table uses the new won space, so it works kind of. But i want the table to only use the given screensize so no scrollbar appears outside of the table.

Is there a default way to tell the table it should only show the amount of rows it can display without creating an scrollbar outside of the table?

• Timo Hahn

I don't think this is possible. How would you get to the missing rows?

Timo

• ChristianM0147
    edited Jun 27, 2022 7:29AM

With the Scrollbar in the table. I want to avoid the Page-Scrollbar.

• Timo Hahn
    Answer ✓

That should work.

So, we are back at the layout containers and how they interact.

The current structure of the page is complex. My advice is to try this in a layout that is much simpler. You have to look at all layout containers outside the one holding the table. Don't use percentage values for height if possible.

Play with the properties from the layout containers like dimensionForm and others regarding the stretching of the containers.

Timo

• ChristianM0147

Okay thank you!