Forum Stats

• 3,825,276 Users
  • 2,260,494 Discussions
  • 7,896,475 Comments

Discussions

How to view and edit workspace in Apex via SQL Developer?

yuridiner
yuridiner Member Posts: 17 Blue Ribbon
edited Jun 24, 2022 6:54AM in SQL Developer

Hello everybody!

I have Oracle Database 11g and Application Express 5 installed, I also have access to Apex through ORDS. How can I configure access to tables and others in the Apex workspace via SQL Developer?

How to create a connection correctly?

Answers

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,869 Gold Crown

How can I configure access to tables and others in the Apex workspace 

Your question is not clear. What problem are your trying to solve? Which tables? Give access to whom? Are you talking about tables in the APEX_5xxxx (whatever it is exactly) schema?

You have access to APEX data via published views and APIs.

How to create a connection correctly?

The APEX schema has public views and API's, so any user can use these. Many views and APIs only make sense in the context of an APEX session (because you need a sessionid).

• yuridiner
    yuridiner Member Posts: 17 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jun 25, 2022 5:57PM

Hi, InoL. Thank you for your attention to my question.

I am more of an expert in SQL-PL/SQL than in Oracle and APEX administration.

I have achieved the following:

1) I can connect with APEX_PUBLIC_USER / APEX_REST _PUBLIC_USER users,

2) in Other Users I see the administrator of the VRBC workspace (this is exactly what i need), but there it is almost empty (no tables, no views, no triggers, etc.).

The goal was to see everything the same as through SQL Workshop > Object Browser. Isn't that possible?

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,869 Gold Crown

I can connect with APEX_PUBLIC_USER / APEX_REST _PUBLIC_USER users

Never login with APEX_PUBLIC_USER, APEX_REST _PUBLIC_USER or any other APEX user.

The goal was to see everything the same as through SQL Workshop > Object Browser. Isn't that possible?

Yes, login as the schema owner. If your VRBC workspace uses schema VRBS (for instance), login as user VRBC.

thatJeffSmith-Oracle