Forum Stats

• 3,837,263 Users
  • 2,262,245 Discussions
  • 7,900,240 Comments

Discussions

Oracle 21c XE Installation stall in DBCA step to create default container and pdb

Hi,

Since this is my first post here, please excuse if this is the wrong forum to ask or if I forgot to add additional information.

I'm currently working on getting the silent installation of Oracle 21c XE running.

I use a powershell script to create a response file and execute the MSI package directly to be able to wait for the completion of the installation process.

I'm running on Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1466) testing on VM and physical machines.

User has local admin rights and is member of the administrators group.

The installation runs smoothly up to the point where DBCA is called to create the initial CDB and PDB.

"

INFO: Oracle Listener configuration started

INFO: Oracle Listener configuration finished successfully

MSI (s) (DC:A8) [16:18:50:286]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=RunDBCAScript,Description=Creating Oracle XE Database,)

INFO: Updating Listener service

MSI (s) (DC:A8) [16:18:50:287]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=RunDBCAScript,ActionType=25665,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,CustomActionData=**********)

MSI (s) (DC:C8) [16:18:50:292]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI4D15.tmp, Entrypoint: runDBCAScript

INFO: cmd.exe /c "c:\oracle21c\dbhomeXE\bin\dbca.bat -silent -createDatabase -gdbName XE.CEUS.Kistler.com -templateName XE_Database.dbc -characterSet AL32UTF8 -createAsContainerDatabase true -numberOfPDBs 1 -pdbName XEPDB1 -sid XE -skipDatapatch true -ignorePrereqs -emExpressPortAsGlobalPort true -J-Doracle.assistants.skipWindowsAdminUserValidation=true -J-Doracle.assistants.skipAvailableSharedMemoryCheck=true -J-Doracle.assistants.dbca.validate.DBCredentials=false -emConfiguration DBEXPRESS -emExpressPort 5500 -initParams sga_target=1536M,pga_aggregate_target=512M -customScripts c:\oracle21c\dbhomeXE\assistants\dbca\postdb_creation.sql -oui_internal -maskPasswords FALSE"

INFO: DBCA Process Pipes Created, now proceeding to read and handle the output

INFO: Output and passwords submitted to DBCA

WARNING: An error occurred while closing the standard handle for Oracle XE Database configuration

"

The installer stalls after the "Warning" message for about 20-30 minutes before continuing and successfully finalizing the installation.

For the sake of completeness, I have attached the complete install log

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY Bjoern