Forum Stats

• 3,837,263 Users
  • 2,262,245 Discussions
  • 7,900,240 Comments

Discussions

How to access Apex Login Page with a link

I'm developing an application and have some test users that should be able to log in to the application to test it. The application is currently running in my locally installed XE database, therefor I have to manually start the DB before they can access Apex but that isn't the problem. I can't find a solution to give them access to the login page. Is there a way to somehow send a link to the test users so they can log in to the application?

Thanks a lot

Jack

Tagged:

Best Answer

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,853 Silver Crown
    Answer ✓

If all of you work on the same office (share the same network) or in a VPN then send them the link you use to connect. Replace localhost with your full computer name or local IP address and that should work.

If they are remote then you need to configure your PC to be available remotely, that means opening ports on the firewall and setting port forwarding options, etc etc. You may need to contact your network administrator to get help since depends on how the network is configured.

Answers

• L. Fernigrini
    Answer ✓

If all of you work on the same office (share the same network) or in a VPN then send them the link you use to connect. Replace localhost with your full computer name or local IP address and that should work.

If they are remote then you need to configure your PC to be available remotely, that means opening ports on the firewall and setting port forwarding options, etc etc. You may need to contact your network administrator to get help since depends on how the network is configured.

• L. Fernigrini

By the way, you may consider moving it to Oracle Cloud (you can use Oracle Cloud Free Tier) and forget about a lot of those problems!

https://www.oracle.com/cloud/free/