Forum Stats

• 3,839,643 Users
  • 2,262,518 Discussions
  • 7,901,029 Comments

Discussions

Download PDF with more than 35k rows takes too much

Hello is there any suggestion to improve the performance?, some reports have a lot of rows and is need to have PDF of this but it takes too much time, sometimes get error 500

Answers

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 791 Silver Trophy

Hello User,

I'm always interested in the business requirements behind these questions. What is the business requirement that you are trying to satisfy? Is this a disguised interface?

I'm asking the question because I wonder what is the business decision that someone can take by looking at a document or report containing 35K lines of stuff... If you can print 60 lines per page, this mean a user would have to go through 583+ pages of a document.

So if we understand the business requirement, maybe we can suggest a different approach.

Regards.

Sylvain

• User_7S9IM
    User_7S9IM Posts: 2 Employee

Hello Sylvain, thanks for your answer, the project is focused to have control of inventory, the client needs to download report in csv, excel, html or pdf, but they need to had all the information to carry in physical, sometimes had records of 10k to 40k, and generates the report with 300 pages

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 791 Silver Trophy

That is a great use case and I understand the requirements about physical inventories and cycle counting in warehouses, working on Oracle E-Business Suite for many years.

I'm afraid there is no easy answer for this except that it seems like if you REALY need to print out this document, I would generate a background job to execute it.

That being said, a modern way to satisfy this requirement would be to use APEX to offer to the users to capture physical inventory counts versus system count right from an APEX page. As the users are walking through the warehouse they can call up the section or material they are counting and record these counts in an application. If you add Flows for APEX, an open source tool, you can ask a supervisor to approve a count, etc.

Walking around with a tablet or a laptop and having an APEX app running seems to me a great way to avoid to "print" 300 pages of data, manually record a count and have clerks typing it in to an application later.

Hope others can provide a better answer fo you.

Sylvain

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,941 Gold Crown

You could look @ Apex Office Print, which has the functionality to generate background print jobs.. I DON'T work for them but am so damn glad they have brought us this wonderful tool! https://www.apexofficeprint.com/

Thank you!

Tony Miller

White Rock, NM

Sylvain Martel