Forum Stats

• 3,837,247 Users
  • 2,262,242 Discussions
  • 7,900,235 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Database 21C XE error installation on windows 10

I am trying to install #Oracle #database XE and I am getting an error :

{IDS_OracleConfigDlg_DatabaseConfigFailedMsg} An error occurred while configuring Oracle XE database. Check the logs at C:\app\user\product\21c\cfgtoollogs\dbca and try again.

I would like to share the log with someone who can help

Answers

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,853 Silver Crown

Please paste it here, at least the section where error information is reported.

Also any screenshot that you may have taken at the moment the error appeared, and any other detail that may help figure out the problem (O.S. version (Win 10) and edition, if the user is member of admin group, if the user is a domain user, etc)

• User_JLXED
    User_JLXED Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

There is a known issue that continues to exist from Oracle 19c XE with the current Oracle 21c XE

Check for a few more log files, particularly in the ..\cfgtoollogs\dbca\XE folder. There will be a trace.log_YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MI_SSxM file. You may find this error item within it:

DIM-00019: create service error

O/S-Error: (OS 1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Check the length of the hostname of you machine. Is it greater than 15 characters? If it is, rename to less than 15 characters. Then, remove the Oracle XE 21c software by re-running the installer, reboot and install again.