Forum Stats

• 3,838,237 Users
  • 2,262,343 Discussions
  • 7,900,552 Comments

Discussions

How do you troubleshoot configuration for SEPS / Oracle Wallet connections?

User_V5NL2
User_V5NL2 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

I have set up a wallet to work using /@connectionname which works perfectly with SQL*Plus, but I am having issues configuring my development environment to use the same wallet.

I'm getting ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when I try connecting via Visual Studio with a passwordless connection string.

I've tried using both the Oracle.DataAccess and Oracle.ManagedDataAccess libraries.

I've tried using connection strings defined in the following ways:

connectionString="Data Source=connectionname;User ID=/"

connectionString="Data Source=connectionname"

I've tried including sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora in my project and including settings in web.config to point to the wallet.

I've looked at the listener log, and the only difference between the SQL*Plus connection and the .NET connection is the port.

I'm hoping someone will help me troubleshoot tracing the connection to see what's happening so I can figure out why it's not working.

Answers

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 3,105 Employee

Turn on ODP.NET tracing. In the trace, there will likely be inner exceptions with more details about the specific problems. Moreover, the trace will tell you where the process failed. For managed, you can enable tracing in .NET config:

<configuration>

<oracle.manageddataaccess.client>

<version number="*">

<settings>

<setting name="TraceLevel" value="7" />

<setting name="TraceFileLocation" value="D:\traces\"/>

</settings>

</version>

</oracle.manageddataaccess.client>

</configuration>

Or in code:

OracleConfiguration.TraceFileLocation = @"C:\traces";