• 3,836,760 Users
  • 2,262,183 Discussions
  • 7,900,100 Comments

Discussions

decimal separator issue on some columns

jjc972
jjc972 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Morning,

Our external consultant develop with Microsoft Access a program to retrieve datas from an Oracle database. The datas are exporting into a .csv file.

The problem we are facing is, on Excel 2016 the amount (CA_TOT and CA01) are showing up with decimal separator but the weight (POIDS_NET and POIDS_BRUT) are not

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Answers

• KayK
    KayK Member Posts: 1,721 Bronze Crown

Hi L95,

welcome to the commity.

I think this is an issue in Excel not in the database.

I expect that your 4 columns are defined as NUMBER(n) or NUMBER(n,p) in your table.

If i create a simple test.csv with this content:

1;1,0;1,05;

But i get only 1 in the secound column

regards

Kay

btw please choose a more readable name for your avatar. You're more than a number. Have a look at this: Update Your Community Display Name and Avatar!

• jjc972
    jjc972 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Kay,

I don't think this is an Excel issue.

From notepad the POIDS_NET and POIDS_BRUT values are integer. Any other idea?

I have tried to change my display name with no success

Thks

• KayK
    KayK Member Posts: 1,721 Bronze Crown

My example csv shows 1,0 in the second column in UltraEdit. But opening it with Excel the comma and the 0 are gone. A csv has no formatting. And the standard number in Excel has no decimal digits.

Have the columns POIDS_NET and POID_BRUT some content with decimal digits ? If they are real integers without decimal digits, then it works as expected. Then you have to change the format of Excel-column AG and AH.