This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,964 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

APEX- Passing the values of the page item from my page 1 on submit and using a procedure to display

Niki Dilip
Niki Dilip Member Posts: 18 Blue Ribbon

In page 1 I have a region which has many page items. On entering the values in these page items and on click of submit, I need to get redirected to page 2 and display all the values on the page(Please note that I will not be having any page items in the page2) How can I use a procedure in page 2 and get all the values from page1. PS: My region is as below.

And my expected output is

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

I wanted to pass all the values from the page 1 and get the values in page 2, so that it can be used with the static content.

Strictly speaking if the intention is to pass values between pages then corresponding items would have to exist on each page.

However, since the APEX session state namespace is global, item values can be referenced on other pages. In static content this is done using static text substitution strings of the form &PX_ITEM_NAME.:

My release dependency is &P1_RELEASE_DEPENDENCY..
    The version is &P1_VERSION_DEPENDENCY. created on &P1_CREATION_DATE.
    &P1_LONG_DESCRIPTION.

This approach is not as safe as passing the values into dedicated items on page 2: the values on page 1 could be changed or cleared elsewhere in the application, leading to issues if the user views page 2 without realising this has occurred.

When values are required globally or on multiple pages it is advisable to use Application Items.

Answers

• fac586
    edited Jul 19, 2022 2:18PM

Please update your community profile with a recognisable username instead of "User_OG2E4".

In page 1 I have a region which has many page items. On entering the values in these page items and on click of submit

What processing occurs on submission of page 1?

What are the page modes of pages 1 and 2?

• Niki Dilip
    Niki Dilip Member Posts: 18 Blue Ribbon

There is no page processing.. Its a normal page with regions and user inputs the details in these region and on submit a branch is created which gets redirected to the 2nd page(Normal Blank page). I wanted to pass all the values from the page 1 and get the values in page 2, so that it can be used with the static content.

1. What should be my approach to get all the values from page 1?(PS: The passed values can be very long as well) The static content will be something like below.
    2. Should i use a procedure or a html code to get this type of static content.

I am new to apex , kindly advise.

<<Static content>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Delivery Date:

define delivery_date  = '08.07.2022'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Dependent release: (last release needed as precursor)

define release_dependency = 22.302

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Dependencies: (needed last succesfully run script-version)

define version_dependency = '0'

Regards,

Nikki

• fac586
    Answer ✓

I wanted to pass all the values from the page 1 and get the values in page 2, so that it can be used with the static content.

Strictly speaking if the intention is to pass values between pages then corresponding items would have to exist on each page.

However, since the APEX session state namespace is global, item values can be referenced on other pages. In static content this is done using static text substitution strings of the form &PX_ITEM_NAME.:

My release dependency is &P1_RELEASE_DEPENDENCY..
    The version is &P1_VERSION_DEPENDENCY. created on &P1_CREATION_DATE.
    &P1_LONG_DESCRIPTION.

This approach is not as safe as passing the values into dedicated items on page 2: the values on page 1 could be changed or cleared elsewhere in the application, leading to issues if the user views page 2 without realising this has occurred.

When values are required globally or on multiple pages it is advisable to use Application Items.